One of my all time favorite desserts was and still is chocolate mousse. I would dream about the light fluffy texture and the rich and velvety chocolate taste. If you top it off with rapsberries or strawberries it transforms into one of the ultimate gourmet desserts! I have found a way to make this decadent dessert dairy, egg, nut and gluten free. I can make this up to two days in advance and place it in my refrigerator to pull out whenever dessert is served.
We had dinner with friends and they had make your own sundae fixings for dessert. Well when I pulled out my chocolate mousse all spoons stopped mid air! Everyone including all the kids ate my entire batch of chocolate mousse and I happily whipped up another batch. It felt so good to see the longing in the eyes of my friends for my dairy free, egg free, nut free, gluten free decadent dessert.
I have written the recipe below. You may want to make a double batch if you are having guests over. Also, try and place some in little mini tupperware container and then pack in a lunch bag with an ice pack and send them in with your child for a special treat. It can feel good to be the envy of the lunch table !
Chocolate Mousse without the Moo!
3/4 cup warm chocolate soymilk
1 bag (12 ounces) of dairy/ gluten free semisweet chocolate chips
12 ounces silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (check for gluten free versions)
1. Heat up the 3/4 cup of chocolate soymilk to a warm temperature on the stovetop or microwave.
2. Melt 12 ounces of the semisweet chocolate chips (read the label to make sure there is no dairy) and stir until all lumps are gone.
3. Mix the warm chocolate soymilk, melted chocolated chips and silken tofu in a blender until smooth.
4. Pour into fun glasses, mini bowls or tupperware containers f(or great lunch treats) and place in your refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Place in an airtight containers or wrap with saran wrap to keep the top soft and smooth.
5. You can add berries, sprinkles or a dairy free whipped topping to create an extra special dessert.
Makes about 6 dessert servings.
It is sooooooooooo good!