I have made these delicious and oh so simple treats for breakfast, dessert and as a treat to take with me on the go. My daughters love them and it just goes to show you that simple ingredients combined can make the best treats. Great substitute for doughnuts or chocolate croissants in the morning.
You will need:
2 Slices of white bread
A thin chocolate bar or a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips (making sure it meets your allergen requirements)
A butter substitute such as Earth's Balance ( or butter if you can have it)
Confectionary Sugar (optional)
1. Take the chocolate bar or chocolate chips and place in between the two slices of bread. Make sure the chocolate is not too close to the edge because as the chocolate melts it may run over.
2. Take a nonstick pan and heat it over medium heat.
3. Put a pat of your butter or butter substitute in it and let it melt.
4. Place your chocolate sandwich in the pan and press down on it with a spatula.
5. Lightly brown one side of the sandwich and then place another pat of butter or butter substitute in the pan and lightly brown the other side.
6. Take out the sandwich and let it cool for 1 minutes then slice in half or into quarters and serve. You can get fancy and dust with confectionary sugar for an special effect.
You can also let it cool completely and take it in ziploc bag and you have your treat on the go.
Easy and Delicious!