Thursday, January 29, 2009

Food Allergy Cards

I create my own food allergy cards that I take with me to restaurants and when I travel. They state what I am allergic to and that I will need medical attention if I ingest any of the allergens listed on the card. I like to make my own using fun colors for borders but not everyone wants to deal with creating and printing their own cards. Take heart because there are options to make it easier to obtain a custom card.

One website allows you to order allergy cards in many different languages and they are perfect when you are traveling to foreign countries. Anything that can make travel easier and safer makes my list of things to carry. You can check out their website at: www.selectwisely.com . Another site is www.foodallergybuddy.com where you can create your own card for free. Also, www.achooallergy.com has food allergy cards for one specific food per card that are water resistant.

Here's to safe traveling!
Patsy

No comments: